Identity of the Data Controller
BARDINET, a company of type “SA”, incorporated under the laws of France, with a capital of €5 million, registered with the Trade & Companies Register of Bordeaux under number 301 711 461, with VAT number FR 41 301 711 461, with registered office at Domaine de Fleurenne 33291 Blanquefort, France.
User: any natural person, having a User personal account or not, using the Bardinet Site or any of the services available on the Site, or otherwise dealing with Bardinet.
Site: the address www.rhum-negrita.com.
Collection and purposes of data processing
www.rhum-negrita.com may collect personal data on any Users browsing, consulting, entering a competition via, or otherwise interacting with our Site, including, in particular, by using cookies in accordance with the legislation in force (please see our Cookie Statement for further details). Bardinet may also collect personal data when Users interact with www.rhum-negrita.com in other ways, such as corresponding with us by letter or email, or entering competitions other than via the Site.
The data is collected whenever a User:
- contacts the www.rhum-negrita.com Customer Service of Careers Service by any means of communication;
- browses the Site and consults articles;
- shares an opinion with a friend by sending an e-mail or via social networks from an article;
- fills in an information form or questionnaire on the site.
- enters a competition or prize-draw.
The data collected is required for the following operations:
- Managing and monitoring between www.rhum-negrita.com and Users
- Personalizing the contents of the Site, displaying targeted advertisements especially on social networks;
- Providing Share buttons to social networks;
- Running promotional games/competitions/prize draws;
- Preparing audience measurement statistics and marketing studies;
- To send Users marketing communications, but, where consent is required to send those marketing communications, we will only send such communications to the extent that you have given the relevant consent.
Our use of personal data in respect of competitions/prize draws is also subject to the terms relating to the relevant competition/prize draw.
Grounds for processing
Under Article 6 of GDPR, we are required to tell Users of the grounds on which we are processing personal data. The grounds applicable to our processing of Users’ personal data are as follows:
- Where the processing is necessary for us to perform a contract that you are party to, or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract, that is the ground on which we are processing that data;
- Where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, that is the ground on which we are processing that data;
- Where processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, that is the ground on which we are processing that data, provided that your fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your data do not override those legitimate interests (our legitimate interests comprise the management, marketing and promotion of our business and products and the supply of our products);
- If you have given your consent to our processing the data, that is the basis on which we are processing that data.
If more than one of the above grounds applies to the processing of data in question, the applicable ground will be the one that is set out first above.
Setting up an account, filling in forms and questionnaires
The User must fill in all the fields of the User’s personal account creation form or any information entry form on the Site with the exception of the fields displayed as optional that is to say, not indicated by an asterisk. The optional information is collected by www.rhum-negrita.com in order to become more familiar with the users of the site.
All information marked with an asterisk must be provided by the User.
Any failure on the part a User to provide mandatory information may prevent the creation of a User personal account or validation of the information or other form submitted by a User and www.rhum-negrita.com may not carry out or respond to requests from that User.
User’s rights of access, rectification and deletion etc
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of France dated 6 January 1978 as amended and the European General Data Protection Regulation of 2016 (GDPR), Users have a right of access, rectification, deletion and restriction over data concerning them. Users also have the right to expressly object to the processing of their personal data and, where our processing is based on Users’ consent, to withdraw that consent.
To exercise any of these rights, Users can send a letter to www.rhum-negrita.com, Bardinet, Service Juridique (Legal Department), Domaine de Fleurenne 33290 Blanquefort, France.
Alternatively, they can fill in a form online in the appropriate rubric.
When submitting their request, Users must enter their first name, family name and postal address. Moreover, any such requests must, unless submitted electronically, be signed and submitted with a valid and signed ID. Users can specify the address to which replies are to be sent. We may ask Users to provide further information in order to confirm their identity. Please also note that if Users submit unfounded or excessive (for example repetitive) requests to exercise any of these rights, we reserve the right to make a reasonable charge for providing the requested information or taking the requested action, or to decline the request.
Certain of the rights referred to above may be qualified by the GDPR or other laws. We will discuss with you following your request any such qualifications,
As from reception of User’s request, www.rhum-negrita.com has 1 month to respond.
Users also have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authority.
Security measures taken by Bardinet to ensure the protection of personal data
www.rhum-negrita.com implements appropriate technical and organisational measures to maintain the integrity, security, and confidentiality of User data and in particular to ensure that this data is not unlawfully altered, damaged or shared with a third party.
Preventing and fighting fraud
Personal data collected is also used to prevent and fight fraud including credit card fraud. www.rhum-negrita.com reserves the right to verify personal data provided by a customer when placing an order and to adopt all measures www.rhum-negrita.com deems necessary to ensure that the person whose bank account is debited is the person who placed the order, or for the purpose of avoiding fraudulent payment. This verification may take the form of a request for proof of identity and/or domicile.
In the absence of a negative response from the customer, www.rhum-negrita.com reserves the right to cancel the order placed by the customer.
Recruitment and Job applications
Any personal information we collect from job applicants is processed for the purpose of managing and monitoring applications via recruitment software on our Site. The data we collect is intended only for use by www.rhum-negrita.com and is kept for a period of 2 years from the last contact with the applicant (except successful applicants, whose information may be retained in accordance with our privacy policies concerning employees and workers).
Data retention period
www.rhum-negrita.com retains data for a period of 5 years, as from the end of the business relationship with the User, be this a Customer or prospect. This time period starts from the last call to our customer service or from the sending date of an email to our customer service, or from a click on a hypertext link to an email sent by www.rhum-negrita.com, from the date of a User entering a competition/prize draw or, lastly, from the date of receipt of the User’s agreement to continue receiving commercial information from us at the end of the five-year period. At the end of the five-year period, the User data, be this Customer or prospect, will be anonymized or deleted.
Nevertheless, the information used to establish proof of an entitlement or rights in relation to a contract, or kept so as to comply with a legal obligation of www.rhum-negrita.com can be archived in accordance with the legal provisions in force.
Outcome of personal data after decease
Please note that you, the User, may set out, in the course of your lifetime, instructions pertaining to the storage, deletion and communication of your personal data after your decease. These instructions can be general or specific. You can change or revoke these instructions at any time, by contacting us.
Alternatively, you can fill in a form online in the appropriate rubric.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement at any time, and revised versions will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy statement.