Definition of a Cookie
A cookie is a small text file that is placed or stored on your device (computer, tablet or mobile device) when you visit a website. The site uses the cookie to recognize you, to help you browse and to provide a safe connection. Lastly, it remembers your preferences if you should return to the site at a later time.
Users can, at any time, disable the cookies stored on their device. Do this by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. We would ask you to bear in mind however that disabling cookies will prevent you from accessing certain aspects of the Site used to customize the services provided by www.rhum-negrita.com.
The different types of cookies used
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies allow you to browse the Site and are essential for the proper functioning of the Site. Disabling them will cause difficulties in the use of the Site and will prevent access to certain features.
- Functional cookies: these cookies allow you to store your preferences and choices in order to personalize your experience on the Site.
- Performance and statistic cookies: these cookies collect information about how Users use the Site (number of visits, number of pages viewed, visitor activity) via Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics. These cookies also allow us to identify and resolve any problems of Site operation and to enhance the overall browsing experience.
Each browser manages cookies and your cookie preferences in its own way. This will be described in detail in the Help menu of your browser which you can consult to customize your cookie preferences. For more information about cookies and how to manage them, visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Disabling cookies on the main browsers:
- Go to the Tools menu, and then select Internet options.
- Click on the Privacy
- Under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies.
- Then click Apply.
- In the menu at the top of the page, click on Tools, then Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security
- Go to the History
- Select Use custom settings for history.
- Clear the check-mark in Accept cookies from sites.
- Click OK to save your preferences.
- Near the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click Content settings.
- Disable cookies by selecting Block sites from setting any data.
- Click OK to save your preferences.
1) Choose Safari > Preferences.
2) Clear the check-mark Accept cookies.
3) Click OK to save your preferences.
Depending on the browser you use, you may also have the option to browse privately and/or to enable the “Do Not Track” setting.
For mobile devices, you should view the following pages:
Disabling cookies via an interprofessional platform
You can also connect to the site Youronlinechoices, provided by digital advertising professionals forming part of the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA). This European platform is used by hundreds of Internet advertising professionals, and is a centralized interface where you can disable cookies potentially used for behavioural advertising aimed at you. To do this, go to
Please note that running the above procedure will not prevent the display of advertisements on websites that you visit. It will only block technologies that use behavioural advertising.
www.rhum-negrita.com uses web tags on certain pages of the Site in order to count the number of visitors to that page. These web tags can be used with some of our business partners, especially to measure and improve the effectiveness of certain advertisements. The information collected via these tags is anonymous and is used by us to measure the number of visitors to some pages of the Site, for the purpose of providing a better User experience on our Site.